9/04/2011

Do you use coupons?

I think I ask most of my friends and acquaintances this question.  I am always looking for someone to take the coupons that I can't or won't use.

I have been couponing it seems forever.  But in reality I have only been seriously paying attention to my savings in the last year.  My mom and grandmother taught me to coupon when I was a little girl and I have never forgotten.  Though I rarely used their advice until after I got married and had a child.  

In today's economy it is even more important to save where I can.   Thus my journey to serious couponing over the last year.   Unlike the show "Extreme Couponing" or many of the websites I use each week, I do not stockpile more than I will use or buy things I do not need/like.  My goal each week is to save an average of 25% off of my bill at stores I regularly purchase from. This does not mean I will not purchase items at full price.  But it does mean that if I don't need it immediately, I will wait until it is on sale or I have a coupon or best of both worlds -- I have a coupon and item is on sale! 

Couponing works! 

In the last three months, I have saved approximately $1700.  Unfortunately or fortunately, our renovation project has eaten that money and none has been saved.  Hm mm, I think I have my next project in regards to couponing -- Open a savings account and put the amount saved each week from my budget into it.   I can use my savings for Christmas shopping or on my vacation to Orlando in January!   Stay tuned to see how it goes.

So do you coupon? 

No comments:

Post a Comment