Bill, making fun of me, always rolls his eyes and says " that is just a high-class form of grits!" I beg to differ and if you would like to know more check out Meseidy at http://thenoshery.com/2009/07/02/spicy-tomato-shrimp-with-creamy-polenta/ who quotes Alton Brown in her research on the differences between grits and polenta.
And now on to today's recipe which comes from Bill's kitchen and not mine (LOL):
- 1 32oz carton of chicken broth
- 1/2 cup of whipping cream
- 1 cup Uncooked quick cooking grits (grind is your choice)
- 2/3 cup Sharp cheddar cheese
- Combine chicken broth and whipping cream in large saucepan
- Bring to a boil
- Stir in the grits and return to a boil
- Cover, reduce heat and simer 5 to 7 minutes
- Remove from heat and stir in the cheese
- Cool approximately 10 minutes
Let us know how you like it. I am thinking I will try this out substituting polenta for grits later this week!