10/10/2011

Monday Recipes: Venison Cream Cheese Casserole

Thank you to Cooks.com for this recipe.  And while I almost never do it exactly like the recipe, this one came directly from one I found on the website.  I had made spaghetti sauce Friday night and had lots left over but not enough to justify freezing.  Besides I really prefer to freeze spaghetti sauce that doesn't have meat in it so I can use it later for the base of a sauce.  The casserole is good and should be one that freezes well too.  I haven't tried that yet!

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups of spaghetti sauce with meat  -- make your own and use the leftovers like I did or jarred/canned will work too! 
  • 2 tbsp minced garlic
  • 6 oz cottage cheese
  • 8 oz softened cream cheese
  • 4 oz greek yogurt
  • 1/2 tsp ground red pepper
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/2 bag of egg noodles cooked and drained
  • 2 cups of shredded cheese (I used colby jack)
Directions:
  1. Cook egg noodles in salted water and drain.
  2. In a medium bowl, cream together the cottage cheese, yogurt, cream chees, red pepper and nutmeg. Gently fold in the noodles.
  3. Spray a 9x13 pan with Pam cooking spray
  4. Pour in the noodle and cheese mixture
  5. Top with the spaghetti sauce and shredded cheese
  6. Cover pan with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
TIP:  To freeze, you have two options 1) Cover and freeze after step 5 or after baking let the casserole cool down and then freeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment