I modified it a bit for our tastes including increasing the cheese and rice components as well as using Asian Eggplant because that is what we grow in our garden
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Add the eggplant, squash, and onions and sauté for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the vegetables are slightly tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, eggs, 2 cups cheese, the rice, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Add the squash and eggplant saute to the bowl and fold gently.
- Pour mixture into a 3-quart casserole dish that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup cheese over the top
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until the rice is tender.