When I first starting working from home, wireless networks were in their infancy. Wi-fi hotspots, aircards and smart-phones were things of the future! Heck in the first year as a consultant, I was still using dial up when at my house! This made it easier to be tethered to a desk! Therefore office hours were accomodating to client timezones but all were done in an office. Today with my smart-phone, my aircard, or wi-fi, I can pretty much work anywhere. What are my office hours?
- Set up time each day I spend tethered to my desk in a dedicated office.
- Jea knows that a closed door means Mommy cannot be disturbed.
- Sharing with Bill and Jea when those hours will be each day.
- Is determined by both my work schedule of calls and family activities/errands.
- Use my aircard, my smartphone or wi-fi hotspots when I want to take Jea to the playground or run errands/take a trip or take Jea to dance class
- Not opening my laptop for two hours each evening. Those are reserved for dinner and family time. While the actual timeframe may change to accomodate client priorities/timezones, the number of hours does not! (This is the one that is the hardest for me to follow! I love to play and chat on the computer; just ask my friends and colleagues who find me online at 2 am some nights!) I previously posted about why I want to shut down the computer: SimplyFun Article Got me to Thinking!