However, this post is more about adjusting to new circumstances and less time as a family. So it's all about making the most of the time we have together. Before making this move, Jea only went to Mother's Day Out preschool twice a week for a total of 12 hours. Now she goes to preschool or Mother's Day Out at least 4 days a week for anywhere from 6 hours to 10 hours a day. This has left less time with mommy and daddy overall.
Here are some of the things we have incorporated over the summer to help us acheive "quality" time with Jea.
- Instituted family game night twice a month. This can be as simple as sitting down to a game of Old Maid, Chums, playing Wii or other computer game, CandyLand or putting together puzzles.
- Take time each day and evening to read to each other.
- Take time to go do somthing as a family each weekend. This can be as simple as grocery shopping and then to the park or out to Langley Pond for some fishing.
- Mommy and me and/or Daddy and me time for Jea.
- Mommy and Jea have dance class and a treat afterwards.
- Daddy and Jea have working outside on the boat or in the yard.
- And just for us adults, once a month Date Night.