I have modified it a bit for my family's tastes and instituted some short cuts but you are more than welcome to do it the old fashioned way!
- 6-8 Biscuits (I use Pillsbury Grands or could be leftover) diced into 1 inch cubes
- 1 lb bulk breakfast sausage
- 4 cups sausage gravy (I use 2 packages of Shawnee Mills gravy mixes made according to the directions)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups of milk
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1.5 cups of shredded cheese (I like Colby-Jack)
- Bake the biscuits according to the direction but use the lower end of the time stated. You can use leftover biscuits from another breakfast or make them from scratch too! Cut the biscuits into 1 inch cubes.
- Grease a 9x13 pan and cover the bottom with the cubed biscuits
- Brown the sausage and drain
- Spoon the cooked sausage evenly over the biscuits
- Make the gravy according to the mixes or make from scratch milk gravy from the grease of the sausage.
- Pour gravy over the sausage and biscuits.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt & pepper. Pour this mixture into the pan
- Top the casserole with the cheese evenly
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to overnight.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45-60 minutes until the eggs are cooked and the cheese is melted.