Sunday was our housewarming party to show off the renovations. The aunts, other family and friends all attended. I did an appetizer buffet. Thank you to all who were able to attend and to those who weren't, drop by and see the completed renovations when you can. The recipe today is one that I found on Cooks.com but modified it to items I had in the pantry! It was really good but I think I will leave out the extra pineapple next time. Of couse, I am not a pineapple fan!
- 1 15oz can of fruit cocktail
- 1 20 oz can of pineapple tidbits (drained)
- 1 tbs of lemon juice
- 1 box of instant sugar-free Cheesecake pudding
- 1 large or 2 med bananas sliced
- In a medium bowl, mix together the fruit cocktail, lemon juice and the pineapple.
- Add the dry pudding mix until it starts to thicken.
- Fold in the banana
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving. A dollop of whipped topping is wonderful with serving.
It went over very well. If you use a low sugar syrup fruit cocktail, it makes for a diabetic friendly sweet item.
One suggestion from the those who tried it is to add fresh/toasted coconut to the mix. However, I will not be doing that one if I am going to eat it but could be done for a potluck. Another suggestion I thought of after trying it would be to add a jar of marschino cherries drained and chopped.